Monday, December 16, 2013

Dylusions Art Journal Page - Flying Unicorn

Hi Everyone,

Today I am happy to share with you an art journal page created using Dylusions Sprays and Dylusions Stamps by Ranger. I am super happy with how it has turned out, however let me tell you this page was almost ripped out of my journal and thrown straight into the bin. The short story, I created my background, doodled around my leaves and was amazed at how good all the colours and stamping etc looked. For some unknown reason I thought I would get out my sprays and ink up the pages behind, overexcited and over zealous with sprays I coloured the page and the ink soaked through to my previous finished page. Oh oh, a few nice words were said and I shut my journal and walked away. Light bulb moment, I got out my stamps, stamped and fussy cut my way to create a lovely lady with a full head of doodled hair. Under the doodled hair is a mess of purple and blue ink, can you see it? it is possible to turn a mess into a piece of art. All shading has been completed using Faber Castell Gelato in black.

Products Used
White Journalling Pen 





Thanks for looking everyone! Have a creative and happy day.

~ Rebecca ~

3 comments:

  1. Very, VERY clever!!! If you hadn't said, then I wouldn't have known....it looks sensational:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy my No 1 supporter and commenter!!. I swear I almost ripped these pages out in pure anger and frustration. I am now glad the ink did seep through because this was not the direction I had intended to go, however I love the outcome. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. I really love the way your page turned out...
    Page bleeds are a common thing in my books too... But gessoing pages helps alot.... ;)

    ReplyDelete